- 45 lbs x misc. warmup
- 65 x misc. hang snatches + overhead squats
- 95 x misc. complete mess
- 95 x 1 hang power snatch + 4 OHS
- 105 x 3 OHS
- 115 x 0 (no focus)
Clean & Jerk
- 135 x clean/push jerk x 4
- 155 x clean/push jerk x 2
- 165 x clean/jerk EMOM (1:20): cleans: 10, jerks: 5 X – – – –
- 185 x 5
- 195 x 5
- 205 x 3
- 225 x 1
- 250 x 1 (PR!)
- Power situps :30, deck squats :30, rest :60
- Straight ups w/ 10 lbs :30, deck squats w/ 10 lbs :30, rest :60
- TGU w/ 24 kg right :30, left :30, rest :60 (barely got 1 each)
- KB swings w/ 24 kg :60
The snatch was a mess. No focus and no speed under the bar.
Given the poor performance on the snatch, I didn’t put high expectations on the clean & jerk so I went with a relatively light EMOM. This actually turned out pretty well. The first clean was a mess but the subsequent reps felt like buttah. The jerks were pretty ugly with questionable lock out so I cut them short. I can understand why jerk blocks are so popular for practicing the jerk.
Front squat went surprisingly awesome. I didn’t expect yet another PR but I went for it given that I’m on a bit of a front squat PR streak. The 250 went up easy.
Threw in an ab circuit as a finisher.