Squat (Bas’ Barbell 6 Weeks To A Bigger Squat Week 1 Day 1)
- Warmup: 45 x 5, 135 x 5, 205 x 3
- 235 x 5, 5, 5, 5 … 5, 5 … 4, 4, 2 = 40 total reps in 19:40
- Mostly ~1 minute rest between sets. “…” represents a longer rest of ~5 minutes.
First day of Bas’ Barbell 6 Weeks To A Bigger Squat. The 40 reps could have been better or worse. I cut each segment short with some more left in me just because I didn’t want to exhaust myself early. I think this was a good idea and could have even done sets of 4 or 2 instead.
RKC Program Minimum
- 12 min of 20 swings + active rest
- 16 kg / 1 pood
- 50, 40, 50, 30, 20, 10 = 200
- Active rest included heavy bag and ab work.
This was a strange one. First, I started out wearing the wrong heavy bag gloves. I was confused for a little while why the swings felt so funny until I realized I was wearing gloves that are a little more substantial than my usual gloves and that this was getting in the way. The other strange thing is that it ended up being cardio limited, not grip limited. I was stopping to catch my breath rather than because of the grip giving out. I’m going to blame this on going off the creatine. Or maybe the 40 squats right before had something to do with it.
Leave a Reply