- Warmup: 45 lbs x 15, 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 135 x 5, 155 x 3, 175 x 2
- 200 x 5, 5, 5
- 220 x 1, 240 x 1, 245 x –
The work sets for bench are starting to feel really heavy. I’m thinking a reset is coming soon at which point I’ll probably try out the real Texas Method rather than my lame half attempt at it. I managed to replicate my current PR of 240. It was a grinder but I think slightly better than the first time I got it. The 245 I lowered to my chest and gave up. There was no chance.
- 2 x hang snatch + right forward lunge + left forward lunge (w/ bar overhead)
- 65 lb x 5, 5
I got this idea from 100 Conditioning Workouts for the Modern Viking by Johnny Pain. Brutal. I will doing this more in the future.
- Rope climbs from laying on ground to standing plus negative: 2
I hung the rope back up from my pull-up part and did some simple pulls up from the floor (due to ceiling height limitations) plus the negative on the way down. I forgot how brutally effective this can be! Will also be doing more of these in the future.
- Frequency method/neutral grip: 3, 5, 5