- 135 x 3
- 155 x 3
- 175 x 1
- 185 x 1
- 195 x 1
- 205 x X
Slight change of format. Rather than doing singles all the way, I decided to do triples for the first couple of sets.
- 205 x 3
- 255 x 3
- 305 x 2
- 355 x 1
- 375 x 1
- 395 x X
Um, that did not go as expected. Was aiming for 420. Did not get close.
Today obviously didn’t go very well. My excuses:
- Cold garage, cold bar. It is currently 17 degrees out. Inside the garage, it was probably a bit colder than this given that it was about 5 degrees overnight and the garage tends to retain that due to not getting sunlight.
- The “cutting” diet. I could feel the hunger in the pit of my belly before I even started the workout. I think I really need to have breakfast on training days. Beyond this, “cutting” is going to naturally affect strength negatively so it is somewhat expected. The question is how do I minimize the effect?
- The running. I’ve been running nearly every day lately. My belief is that running a lot tends to cause the body to burn off muscle since extra muscle just weighs the body down for running. I really don’t think I’m running THAT much but maybe it has some effect. In any case, the regularly pounding of the legs probably isn’t helpful for lower body lifts.
- Invest in a better heater for the garage. I could probably get a decent heater that would really help with warming things up compared to my current heater.
- Eat breakfast on training days. I’ve been skipping breakfast because I’m really not hungry in the mornings. On training days, I should start eating something like yogurt plus protein again.
- Consider a smarter running plan OR stop running for now. Can I come up with a running schedule that allows for progress with running without affecting lifts?